On Christmas Day, 2009, twenty-three-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab attempted to blow up Northwest Airlines Flight 253 using explosives hidden in his underwear. A string of missed opportunities and errors by government security agencies culminated in what President Obama would declare a 'systemic failure.' Is scanning everyone with expensive, high-tech equipment the best use of limited resources? Or should we use the information that we have'the knowledge that, while not all Muslims are terrorists, most terrorists are Muslim.
Robert Baer2 Items
More from Robert Baer
- Author, 'Sleeping with the Devil' and 'See No Evil'.
Deroy Murdock1 Item
More from Deroy Murdock
- Syndicated columnist, Scripps Howard News Service
Asra Q. Nomani2 Items
More from Asra Q. Nomani
- Author, Standing Alone: An American Woman's Struggle for the Soul of Islam
Hassan Abbas2 Items
More from Hassan Abbas
- Quaid-i-Azam Professor at SIPA, Columbia University.
Debra Burlingame3 Items
More from Debra Burlingame
- Co-Founder, 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, and Keep America Safe.
Michael Chertoff2 Items
More from Michael Chertoff
- Senior of Counsel at Covington & Burling LLP