Director of Digital
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL
An award-winning live event, national radio show, television show, podcast and thriving digital brand, the Intelligence Squared U.S. debate series seeks a Director of Digital.
IQ2US is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization seeking a goal-oriented and self-directed individual who is inspired by our mission to strategically engage our subscribers, expand our reach, and grow our audience. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions and is fluent in best practices across platforms: social, video, virtual events, and integrated live experiences.
You’ll devise and implement integrated marketing plans that drive engagement, audience acquisition, and subscriber retention. Prior experience in specifically developing effective social media campaigns is a must. This individual must be able to organize, prioritize, and track a large volume of projects and tasks; possess exceptional attention to detail and a high bar for quality; must be able to work well across internal functional teams; and must be a critical thinker who displays sound judgment in prioritizing actions based on outcomes and data. This individual must also demonstrate exceptional copy writing with a strong ability to adapt and adjust key messages in response for social distribution optimization. Responsibilities will include:
- Management of social media platforms, inclusive of drafting posts, monitoring, metrics, and ideation of campaigns. Includes management of YouTube publishing and optimization; community development and content development.
- Producing detailed metrics and analytics reports with sound data analysis experience.
- Design and execution of email campaigns surrounding the promotion of ongoing programming, a weekly newsletter, and donor engagement.
- Ownership of owned digital media including our website, iq2us.org. This includes managing external web developers, UX / UI optimization, and ongoing maintenance.
- Experience with developing and executing digital revenue models, subscription based; use based; and donations
- Overseeing digital visuals and leading art direction across channels; graphics and infographics
- Coordination with audio and video editors on the optimization of copy, and distribution of digital products across podcast platforms, video platforms, and social.
- Oversight of podcast midroll ad sales and strategy.
- Occasional internal digital design work including pitch decks, reports, and branded materials.
- Prior relevant work experience required with a minimum of 8 years of experience in digital marketing and content strategy. Experience in journalism and media a huge plus.
- Interest in public policy issues is essential. You’re a sophisticated news consumer, interested in political science, and are intellectually curious about both sides of the issues.
- You live and breathe social media, with a knack for understanding what makes brands resonate in 2021. You’re a great writer and can bring a new voice to social feeds.
- You’re comfortable communicating and interfacing with all types of people at all varying levels.
- You have a strong understanding of the podcast / radio / streaming landscape.
- You have experience with small organizations and are comfortable leading collaboration amongst external teams.
- You are ambitious, creative, and have a sense of humor.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits including Medical and Dental
Minimum educational level - Bachelor’s Degree
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to IQ2HR@hr-consutling-group.com with the subject line "Director of Digital."