About Intelligence Squared U.S.:
A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to public discourse. Through a series of Oxford-style debates and related programming, IQ2US provides a critical forum for balanced and intelligent discussion of issues ranging from domestic and foreign policy to cultural trends and technological innovations. The Intelligence Squared program reaches millions through digital streaming, podcast, and public radio.
About the position:
This summer internship program offers an opportunity to work with the Editorial Department and to learn about the research methodology and process that creates the intellectual framework for our public debate series. The primary focus of this assignment will be the curation and completion of an IQ2US community database, which will streamline editorial operations for years to come.
- Research potential topics and speakers for upcoming episodes of our podcast and public radio program
- Contribute data support and research for IQ2's editorial database
- Provide copyediting and fact-checking for various communications
Required Background & Skills
- Strong attention to detail, a love of fact-checking, and a keen eye for grammar
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for consuming a wide arrange of news topics, including current events, public policy, politics, technology, science, and culture
This internship is offered during the summer as a full-time or part-time commitment, and during the spring/fall semesters as a part-time commitment. A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headline: “Editorial Research Internship.”