Here’s what we have in store:
- That's Debatable:Is it Time for Reparations?
- Intelligraphic: Support for Reparations
- Double Digits: 1619
- Points of View: Insights and analysis from past debaters
Two perspectives on one of the nation's biggest debates this week.
Is it Time for Reparations?
Against: Embracing Reparation Debases Blacks, Raises Troubling Questions.
In 1989, Congressman John Conyers introduced bill HR 40, a piece of legislation calling for the study of slavery and its effects on American society. While support for this bill has waxed and waned over the decades, congressional support is currently at an all-time high.
When one number tells two stories.
The New York Times' 1619 Project
The ‘1619 Project’ Gets Schooled:- The Wall Street Journal
POINTS OF VIEW
Top insights and news from the intellectual leaders
who have battled it out on the Intelligence Squared stage.
- Should the U.S. intervene in Belarus? Kori Schake argues that, with the right tools, Western nations can support human dignity and political liberty. [Read more via Washington Post, Kori's debate on national security.]
- Advocating for a more human-centered workplace, Arianna Huffington offers tips for companies to promote individual and organizational resilience. [Read more via Thrive Global, Arianna's debate on the two-party system.]