Live Events and Production Intern
A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. (IQ2US) addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to public discourse. Through a series of Oxford-style debates, IQ2US provides a critical forum for balanced and intelligent discussion of issues ranging from domestic and foreign policy to cultural trends and technological innovations. IQ2US debates are recorded in front of a live audience and distributed through public radio, podcast, and a number of digital streaming platforms.
The Live Events intern will report to the Senior Manager of Production and Events and will have the opportunity to experience hands-on event production. We are seeking a confident, personable, and solution-oriented problem solver who is passionate about producing live events.
- Attend live events and provide support to production and media teams on-site
- Assist in post-production load-out following debates
- Prepare production materials to be used each debate
- Conduct research on relevant academic and professional institutions and develop outreach research lists and an invitation to each debate
- Experience in a fast-paced, live event environment will be an advantage
- Outstanding organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects across functions and geographic locations
- Highly detail oriented, forward-thinking and proactive
- Expertise with Excel
- Passion for national affairs, politics, business, and media preferred
- Interest in current affairs, news and podcasts a plus
This internship is offered year-round as a part-time position based in our New York office or remote. A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject headline: “Live Events and Production Internship.”