Marketing and Media Intern
A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. (IQ2US) addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to public discourse. Through a series of Oxford-style debates, IQ2US provides a critical forum for balanced and intelligent discussion of issues ranging from domestic and foreign policy to cultural trends and technological innovations. IQ2US debates are recorded in front of a live audience and distributed through public radio, podcast, and a number of digital streaming platforms.
This internship offers hands-on experience in local and national audience development through day-to-day support of the marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop experience with marketing events that are recorded for radio and television before a global live audience.
- Compile regular analytics reports and reports on native content
- Maintain e-blast database
- Develop social networks and contribute to online content
- Support Marketing Coordinator in the planning and execution of marketing initiatives across all channels
- Conduct internet searches for current trend data on relevant categories for use in internal materials
- Create outreach lists for potential partnerships with organizations that fit our identity and make sense from a strategic perspective
- Assist with the launch of a multi-platform campaign
- Provide live support to marketing team on debate days
- Deep Interest in news, politics, public policy, and media
- Passion for national affairs, politics, business, and media preferred
- Interest in current affairs, news, and podcasts a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge using various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel and Outlook – required
- Tech-savvy, comfortable working with new software programs
- Familiarity with Photoshop or other Adobe programs a plus
This internship is offered during the summer as a full-time or part-time commitment, and during the spring/fall semesters as a part-time commitment, with the option to be based in our New York office or remote. A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject headline: “Marketing and Media Internship.”