A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. (IQ2US) addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to public discourse. Through a series of Oxford-style debates, IQ2US provides a critical forum for balanced and intelligent discussion of issues ranging from domestic and foreign policy to cultural trends and technological innovations. IQ2US debates are recorded in front of a live audience and distributed through public radio, podcast, and a number of digital streaming platforms.
Reporting to the Manager, Research & Editorial Content and the Research Associate, this internship will offer hands-on experience in producing research content for debates. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the methodology and process of the research that creates the intellectual framework of a public-policy debate.
- Contribute to research for debate topics—Identify current events, including legislation, government action, public research polls and more
- Create profiles for all past IQ2US debaters, board members, and Intelligence Council members on our website
- Prepare a range of reliable, high-quality articles for the IQ2US website and panelists
- Manage debate transcripts online and offline
- Execute research deliverables, including internal and external communication
- Demonstrated ability to develop original research agendas
- Possess strong research skills, a keen eye for typos and mechanical incongruities, and excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for consuming a wide arrange of news topics, including current events, public policy, politics, technology, science, and culture
This internship is offered during the summer and will be based in our New York office. A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headline: “Research Internship.”