A non-partisan, non-profit organization, Intelligence Squared U.S. (IQ2US) addresses a fundamental problem in America: the extreme polarization of our nation and our politics. Our mission is to restore critical thinking, facts, reason, and civility to public discourse. Through a series of Oxford-style debates, IQ2US provides a critical forum for balanced and intelligent discussion of issues ranging from domestic and foreign policy to cultural trends and technological innovations. IQ2US debates are recorded in front of a live audience and distributed through public radio, podcast, and a number of digital streaming platforms.
Reporting to the Manager of Editorial Operations and the Research Associate, this internship will offer hands-on experience in producing research content for debates. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the methodology and process of the research that creates the intellectual framework of a public-policy debate.
- Contribute to research for debate topics—Identify current events, including legislation, government action, public research polls and more
- Create profiles for all past IQ2US debaters, board members, and Intelligence Council members on our website
- Prepare a range of reliable, high-quality articles for the IQ2US website and panelists
- Manage debate transcripts online and offline
- Execute research deliverables, including internal and external communication
- Demonstrated ability to develop original research agendas
- Possess strong research skills, a keen eye for typos and mechanical incongruities, and excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for consuming a wide arrange of news topics, including current events, public policy, politics, technology, science, and culture
This internship is offered during the summer as a full-time or part-time commitment, and during the spring/fall semesters as a part-time commitment, with the option to be based in our New York office or remote. A stipend will be provided.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headline: “Research Internship.”