Here’s what we have in store:
- That's Debatable: Is it Time to Redistribute the Wealth?
- Intelligraphic: Watson
- Double Digits: 2,825
- Points of View: Insights and analysis from past debaters
Two perspectives on one of the nation's biggest debates this week.
Is it Time to Redistribute Wealth?
Against: A ‘wealth tax’ presents a revenue estimation puzzle
When one number tells two stories.
The number of global billionaires in 2019
In 2019, there were an estimated 2,825 individual billionaires in the world. Of those, 788 were in the United States. What does the modern global billionaire class mean for the economy and politics today?
- Abolish Billionaires - New York Times | Farhad Manjoo
- Don't Abolish Billionaires- New York Times | Will Wilkinson
POINTS OF VIEW
Top insights and news from the intellectual leaders
who have battled it out on the Intelligence Squared stage.
- With investment bankers leading the charge to bring workers back to the office, Megan McArdle argues corporate culture remains unchanged by the coronavirus. [Read more via Washinton Post, Megan's debate on Obamacare.]