Vice President, Fundraising and Development
An award-winning live event, national radio show, television show, podcast and thriving digital brand, the Intelligence Squared U.S. debate series seeks a Vice President, Fundraising & Development.
IQ2US is a non-profit organization seeking a goal-oriented, self-directed and charismatic individual who enjoys meeting and rallying key stakeholders around the IQ2US mission. This individual must be able to organize, prioritize, and track a large volume of projects and tasks; possess exceptional attention to detail and a high bar for quality; must be able to work well across internal functional teams; and must be a critical thinker who displays sound judgment in prioritizing actions based on outcomes and data. This individual must also demonstrate exceptional writing skills with a strong ability to adapt and adjust key messages in response to donor motivations and philanthropic priorities.
This position will work closely with the Chief Content Officer to support the vision, goals, and strategy for increasing and diversifying foundation donor bases, as well as managing our philanthropic portfolio. As the fundraising lead, this position will assume primary responsibility for meeting annual fundraising goals.
Philanthropic Fundraising & Development
- Support the Chief Content Officer (CCO) in developing partnerships, managing annual giving campaigns, and prioritizing key actions in soliciting and stewarding donors through preparing and tracking external meetings, events and correspondence.
- Manage and grow the Friends of Intelligence Squared U.S. membership program through strategic research and engagement with high-profile and high net worth individuals.
- Expand IQ2US’s existing philanthropic portfolio by conducting research into grant opportunities and managing the grant application process.
- Develop compelling pitches and proposals for a range of strategic partners.
- Maintain meticulous records of donor engagement and communications.
- Oversee the operational systems required to manage donor cultivation, stewardship, and research to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Operations and Budget
- Review agreements and legal contracts with vendors and ensure timely payment.
- Supervise the maintenance of weekly and monthly financial reporting.
- Support the CFO and CCO in the forecasting and management of the annual budget; review and approve all expenses; monitor progress and changes; and keep CCO abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- As required, act as liaison between IQ2US staff and Human Resources to implement and oversee s
Required Background & Skills
- Prior relevant work experience required with 5-7 years foundation management.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in financial management, including budget development, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience in supporting institutional giving (corporate, foundation, and/or government).
- Previous experience in project/grants management strongly preferred.
- Previous experience developing partnerships and structuring arrangements strongly preferred.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong interest in policy and ideas.
- Ability to think critically with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with CRM and donor databases such as E-Tapestry and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others while building relationships and networks.
- Highest ethical standards and commitment to responsible stewardship.
- Enthusiasm for working with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full benefits including Medical and Dental
- Convenient mid-town location
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Vice President, Fundraising & Development – Your Name.”